1230 Arch Street PH-E · Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
610-316-3563 · Cindy.Howes@millennialconsultants.com
LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL with expertise in Talent Management. Highly adept at boosting productivity through executive coaching, global team development and innovative employee engagement. Proactive leader with over 20 years of combined experience impacting the growth and expansion of internationally-recognized companies in pharmaceuticals, financial services and utilities.
Leadership Development · Change Management · Assessment / Feedback · Succession Planning
MILLENNIAL CONSULTANTS LLC, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania · 2008-Present
Principal–Executive Coach and Organizational Change Consultant
Inspired organizations and leaders to co-create their emerging futures through transformational change management and effective coaching.
- Spearheaded creation of new integrated alumni organization through effective stakeholder management and involvement, facilitation of large group meeting and follow-up change management recommendations for medical school and graduate programs at PCOM.
- Applied expertise in personal branding and social networks to executive coaching of all generations. Presented at PHRPS Main Line LAN meeting (May 2009).
- Created website and blog to foster transformational change and stimulate development of change embracing community. (livelikeamillennial.com)
- Using cutting-edge organizational change techniques from Theory U, facilitated the creation of an ongoing Community of Practice for the PCOM Organizational Development and Leadership Program.
ASTRAZENECA PHARMACEUTICALS, Wilmington, Delaware · 2006-2008
Global Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness Partner
Directed support and viability actions for U.S. Research and Development sector totaling 3000 employees in multiple regions. Coordinated with HR Business Partners and Global Colleagues in comprehensive project management and novel initiatives for Product and Clinical Project Teams.
- Directed the introduction and integration of Leadership Capabilities for entire US employee population, resulting in 100% implementation within rollout period of one quarter.
- Conceived and implemented updated Executive Coaching program, including coach selection, process improvements, strategic initiative alignment, and results measurement.
- Ensured success of Management Development program by pinpointing 16 prioritized interventions through in-depth focus groups
- Saved $5-10 million per team by speeding time to market for Global Drug Development Teams through researching, designing and facilitating Team Effectiveness sessions.
- Played crucial role in earning 100 Best Places to Work recognition by Fortune Magazine.
CINDY HOWES · Page 2 · Cindy.Howes@millennialconsultants.com
INDEPENDENT CONSULTING PROJECTS, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania · 2004-2006
Organizational development company specializing in business planning and instructional design actions.
Executive Consultant and Coach
Utilized extensive sector expertise in delivering business planning, instruction design and overall effectiveness measures for major clients such as ARAMARK, Penske, MEDRAD, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Positioned Compliance Division of major medical device company for Sarbanes-Oxley environment by crafting and guiding strategic planning sessions.
- Boosted senior-level executive performance and promotions through management coaching in executive presence, goal setting, career transition, political savvy and talent management.
- Forged leadership development model based on recent business research. Also produced best practices reports and company case studies which bolstered the business case for a leadership development program.
- Crafted instructional design and back-up materials to deliver follow-through, process facilitation, customer service and learning environment.
THE VANGUARD GROUP, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania · 1996-2004
Organization Development Consultant
Supervised team building initiative with trainers conducting customized organization redesign, role clarification, conflict and change management strategies. Crafted needs assessment reports through progress tracking and goal identification.
- Revamped entire performance management system, project managing stakeholder engagement, training program development and implementation, communication planning and rollout. Obtained 100% on-time appraisals and significantly improved employee survey results.
- Boosted $600 billion line division results and rocketing staff productivity through organization restructuring and conflict resolution processes across multiple departments.
- Created competencies for every level throughout organization, and successfully integrated process with sibling programs.
- Pioneered employee development initiative, linking career paths with tailored models, online systems, communication materials and focused training.
- Obtained best-in-class survey results, earning Best HR Department in Delaware Valley 2000 Award.
Vanguard University Instructional Designer
Maintained progress and streamlined processes for multiple Schools of Leadership, Sales and CRM, Six Sigma and Professional Development. Bolstered results through change and time management actions, dedicated assessments and presentations.
EXELON, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania · 1992-1996
Senior Organization Development Specialist
Overhauled IS work processes by leading high-performance work teams, and presented project findings to national OD Network Conference. Conducted needs assessments and applied strategic plans. Guided effective division transformation following redesign through exemplary cross-functional team leadership. Delivered targeted coaching to VP and Directors.
Strategic Assessment Consultant
Conceived and launched Strategic Employee Opinion and Employee Value surveys, boosting operational results.
Senior Management Development Specialist
Led intensive training programs aiding front-line supervisor position transformation, resulting in national change management award.
CINDY HOWES · Page 3 · Cindy.Howes@millennialconsultnants.com
PNC BANK, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania · 1987-1992
Assistant Vice President and Human Resource Development Consultant
- Co-manager of HR Development department for six months providing services to 7,000 employees.
- Co-designed, managed and delivered two Senior Leadership Development Programs for the top 80 and 300 managers, respectively. Handled all aspects of programs from writing the requests for proposals to managing instructors including line managers.
- Team leader for development of a “Comprehensive Training and Development Program” for 7,000 employees to meet the needs of a competitive environment.
- Process consultant for several Senior Management Task Forces assigned to explore major organizational issues and recommend change.
- Employee relations representative resolving all cases including sexual harassment. Trained as successor to manager.
PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE · 2002-Present
Adjunct Faculty—Graduate Program in Organizational Development and Leadership
Courses: Personal and Professional Development, Ethical Effectiveness, Capstone Project
Master of Arts in Psychology
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Licensed Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Emotional Competency Inventory, Hay Group
Leadership Architect and VOICES, Lominger & Profilor, Personnel Decisions, Inc.
Project Management Essentials, Project Management College
Change Management, ODR
Personal Resilience Questionnaire, Conner Partners
Principles and Practices of Organization Development, Columbia University
Creating and Sustaining High-Performing Teams, (Drexler-Sibett Team Performance Model), NTL
Large Group Methodologies including Dannemiller Tyson and Open Space
Philadelphia Whine & Dine Networking Group, Leader, 2009-present
Philadelphia Human Resource Planning Society, Program Committee Co-Chair, 2001-2003;
Program Committee Member, 2003-2005, 2008-present
This section is customizable to meet the needs of several different professions.